Baker Tilly Victoria Ltd. is one of the largest locally owned and operated accounting firms in Victoria. With over 60 staff members and two locations, Victoria Downtown and Westshore, Baker Tilly can offer clients a wide range of business advisory, auditing, accounting and Canadian/US tax planning and compliance services.
When you join Baker Tilly, you will have arrived at a place where you are encouraged to develop and grow. We achieve this by offering:
- A leadership team committed to your success;
- Chartered Professional Accountants and experienced bookkeepers who will mentor and help you grow your bookkeeping skills;
- Challenging and varied assignments;
- Ongoing training and support for professional development;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package; and
- A professional, fun and friendly working environment.
Our growing team is seeking an experienced US Tax Accountant to assist with our growing US tax division. Flexible to full-time, part-time or contract work.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of Notice to Reader’s
- Preparation and review of T2 (corporate), T1 (personal), T3 (trust) tax returns as well as T4/T5 summaries and slips
- Preparation and review of corporate and personal US tax returns
- Assisting partners with cross-border tax planning and compliance
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Other accounting, tax, and administrative duties, as required
A successful candidate will have:
- CPA designation (Canada & US), considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in public practice accounting and tax
- 3-5 years’ Cross- border tax experience
- Great organization and communication skills
- Ability to excel in high pressure working environment
- Can do attitude with the desire and ability to take on new tasks
- Experience to work in a team-based environment
- The desire to grow your career in a mid-size public accounting firm
Proficiency and/or experience with:
- Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- CCH ProSystem fx
Don't wait to take the next step in your career- Apply to our growing team today!