Baker Tilly Victoria Ltd. is one of the largest locally owned and operated accounting firms in Victoria. With over 80 staff members and three locations, Victoria Downtown, Sidney and Westshore, Baker Tilly can offer clients a wide range of business advisory, auditing, accounting and Canadian/US tax planning and compliance services.
Baker Tilly Victoria Ltd. is proud to be a co-operative of Baker Tilly Canada, voted one of the country's best employers for 2020! When you join Baker Tilly, you will have arrived at a place where you are encouraged to develop and grow. We achieve this by offering:
- A leadership team committed to your success;
- Chartered Professional Accountants and experienced bookkeepers who will mentor and help you grow;
- Challenging and varied assignments;
- Ongoing training and support for professional development;
- Competitive compensation, RRSP matching, and benefits package; and
- A professional, fun, and friendly working environment
Your primary responsibilities:
As a Senior Accountant - Assurance & Audit you are responsible for providing senior level support in the planning and execution of assurance engagements and audits, more specifically the following:
- Complete and review portions of assurance files
- Assisting the Assurance Manager with:
- Coordinating, planning, and overseeing assurance engagements
- Developing measures to improve assurance practice efficiencies.
- Ensuring assurance templates are updated and implemented.
- Providing staff training, mentoring, supervision and support on assurance engagements.
- Training assurance staff on assurance practices and efficiency improvements.
- Identifying weaknesses in systems and processes, and making/implementing recommendations
- Fielding staff questions, and researching answers for more complex technical issues
- Other duties as required
- CPA designated, preferably 3+ years of progressive experience in public practice
- Experience working with a variety of clientele
- Passionate and skilled in assurance work
- Strong working knowledge of the Canadian Auditing Standards, Standard for Review Engagements, Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises, and Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Team player
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent skills in organization and communication